Colossians 2:2-3 My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Our instructional staff are degreed and certified educators who set goals to pursue advanced instructional development in order to provide the highest quality education.
Southeast is dually accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International ( ACSI ) and AdvancED.
As a school, we focus on how the brain learns best and what we can do as educators to create environments that are the most conducive to learning as well as the methods that knowledge is constructed.
Learning styles, Bloom’s Taxonomy (Higher Order Thinking Skills), Socratic Questioning, Balanced Literacy, Writing Across the Curriculum, content integration, student inquiry, and increased emphasis on critical thinking skills are all tied into the theory and practice of brain based instruction.
Our academic program includes Guaranteed Viable Curriculum (GVC). As relevant to our work, some of the Colorado State Academic Standards are the floor in regards to grade level minimum expectations.
We plan our lessons based on units of instruction designed by our staff utilizing a variety of Christian and secular texts and curriculum resources.
Here are the minimal grade level benchmarks. We strive to integrate Biblical standards and truths into all of the lessons we teach.
Our Academic Programs:
- Infuse the word of God and Biblical principals throughout all instruction.
- Use a variety of Biblical and secular resources to support a growing understanding of the nature of God and the Bible and a deepening discernment of ideas that are consistent or inconsistent with truths of scripture.
- Authentic Assessment
- Brained Based Instruction
- Balanced Technology Integration
- Learning Styles & Personalized Learning
- Our curriculum includes but is not limited to:
- English: Bob Jones, Authentic texts, ACSI
- Math: Saxon, Khan Academy, Moby Max
- Reading-Bob Jones, Raz-Kids, Authentic texts, Guided reading books
- Science: Science
- History/Social Studies: BJU
- English: Bob Jones, Authentic texts, ACSI
Our Learning Environment:
- Promotes self-worth, self-sufficiency, and positive attitudes.
- Includes facilities that meet the needs of students and staff and community members.
- Provides physical and emotional safety.
- Fosters communication between home and school.
- Provides opportunities for all types of learners and populations and equips students with skills and knowledge for career goals.
- Provides progressive and reliable technology and appropriate resources.
- Encourages collaboration and student driven learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of participatory events are offered for middle school?
Participation in ACSI events such as Speech Meet, Spelling Bee, Math Olympics, Music Festival and Art Festival. Also offered are field trips designed to engage students and reinforce curriculum.
What elective classes & opportunities occur at Southeast?
Art, technology, physical education, library and music classes along with opportunities throughout the year for students to demonstrate the skills and accomplishments they have acquired in these subjects
How do you infuse spirituality into regular student life at Southeast?
The education experience at Southest is infused with scriptural principles and teachings in all academic subjects. Daily prayer and pledges to start each day. Weekly, age appropriate chapel services that include worship and special speakers that bring the word of God to life. Bible memory verses and Bible lessons are offered each week that provide spiritual foundations for students to apply in their daily lives. Development of conflict resolution skills resulting in respectful interactions with others and the ability of our students to take personal responsibility.
How do I pay for my childs tuition?
There are two options to pay your tuition. You may pay your year’s tuition in full directly to the school on or before July 1st, or if arriving later in the year, prior to your child’s first day of class. Please note, we do not process payments via credit card. You may also pay monthly (September-May) through FACTS (our tuition management program) via automatic ACH transactions.
We are excited that you are considering enrolling your student at Southeast Christian School. Our partnership with families and the success of students begins with our enrollment process.
How Can We Assist You?
If you have a question or comment regarding Southeast Christian we'd love to connect with you!
Please send us your information and one of our administrators will contact you.