Current Career Opportunities
Southeast Christian School was founded and functions upon the basic fundamental principles of the Word of God, and it espouses the historic Christian view of life as presented in the Bible. Southeast Christian School only employs Christians who agree to and abide by our Statement of Faith.
Job descriptions are not meant to be all inclusive and may evolve & change. The School reserves the right to modify and/or change job duties with written notice to Staff.
Middle School History
Southeast Christian School is looking for a 7th and 8th grade History and Bible teacher. For more information, including the full job description, please email email@example.com
- Biblical integration at all levels of learning, discipline and professional work.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in History, American History preferred as it relates to Colorado state standards.
- Conducts ongoing formal and informal assessment of student skills and learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual students’ needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Demonstrates teaching techniques in curriculum, using standard and teacher-prepared instructional aids.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids, and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Christian philosophy of education that will help in providing leadership and guidance in the school’s development of and commitment to a Christian worldview.
- Integrate biblical principles and the Christian worldview throughout the curriculum and activities.
- Teach classes, as assigned, following the instructional methodologies adopted by the school as outlined in the staff handbook.
- Plan broadly through the use of semester and quarterly plans and objectives and more currently through the use of approved lesson planning tools submitted weekly.
- Plan a program of study that as much as possible meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students, challenging them to do their best work through differentiation and accommodations in accordance to the RTI model.
- Employ a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials that will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child—spiritual, mental, physical, social, and emotional.
- Minimum 3 years direct work experience
- Current Colorado Department of Education Teachers License
- ACSI certification, or the ability to acquire within 1 year of employment
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a full commitment to Southeast’s Statement of Faith
Physical Education Teacher
The Physical Education Teacher will prayerfully help students learn attitudes, skills and knowledge of physical education that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible Christians to the praise and glory of God. The physical education teacher acts also as the athletics director, providing oversight and leadership for the total athletics program in accordance with the mission statement and the curriculum of the school. For more information, including the full job description, please email heather.klusek@
- Hold and maintain first aid and CPR certification, Colorado Teaching License, Physical Education Endorsement preferred.
- Have at least 3 years Physical Education teaching experience.
Southeast Christian School is looking to add Substitute Teachers to the 2021-2022 school year.
This position is dedicated to the spiritual and academic development of our students on a limited time/substitute basis. This teacher is called upon to help students see, understand and appreciate how God moves within this academic discipline(s). This person is also called to help establish a Christ-centered environment, provide students with an example of Christian love toward God and others, and help nurture and develop our students’ relationships with Jesus Christ.
- Strong academic background, a Bachelor’s Degree in education preferred.
- Experience teaching in a classroom is a plus.
- Work with existing curriculum to nurture and develop each student’s relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Teach classes in accordance with regular teacher’s curriculum.
- Work closely with same grade team teacher.
- Maintain professional attitude and appearance.
If you are interested, please reach out to Heather Klusek for more information.
Prayerfully help students learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible Christians to the praise and glory of God.